Peachy Chicken Salad
Try this for a tasty and healthy salad.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 medium peaches
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
- 3 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
In a blender, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, mint, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the peaches, chicken, cucumber and onion.
Drizzle dressing over chicken mixture; mix gently to coat.
Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
Put ¾ cup spinach leaves on each of 4 salad plates
Top each with chicken salad, using a slotted spoon.